ARCHAGGELOS, a bay colt by Temple City out of Mien by Nureyev, is a half-brother to dual classic winner Big Brown and was a $200,000 RNA for breeder and consignor Monticule, LLC.
Archaggelos has an A Classic Champion Thoroughbred Profile® and our 2016 Keeneland September Yearling Sale analysis showed that he had the potential to be a graded stakes winner.
Temple City, the sire of Archaggelos, was a graded stakes winner that compiled a 4-2-4 record in 15 starts.
Unraced as a two-year-old, Temple City won his only start as a three-year-old and followed that with a third-place finish in the Del Mar Handicap at the age of four.
Temple City earned graded stakes honors as a five-year-old with a win in the Cougar II Handicap (G3) and second-place finishes in both the American Handicap (G2) and the Hollywood Turf Cup Stakes (G1).
Won at two
- (8 ½ f, maiden special weight at Laurel Park defeating Home It Tiz, Quail Hunt, Kodachi, Promontory, Say the Word, My Brothersledge, Survey, Tizcreetly, Monongah, Redeemed Gentleman, French’s Quest)
- Grey Stakes (G3, 8½ f, defeating Peppered, Tale of Vienna, Piven, Like What I See, Lookin To Strike, Leopold)
4th at two
- Display Stakes (G1, 8½ f, to Admiralty Pier, Pipers Warrior, Sent From Heaven, defeating Follow My Lead, Hoochiecoochie Sam, Sable Island, Thunder Ride, Marcus)
2nd at three
- Woodhaven Stakes (8½ f, to Sand Dancer, defeating Fifty, Infield Is In)
3rd at three
- Stanton Stakes (8½ f, to Silent Citizen, Up the Ante defeating Nakamura, Coach Adams, Whirlin Curlin)
4th at three
• Marine Stakes (G3, 8½ f, O’Kratos, Machtree, Aheadbyacentury, defeating Inge, Rose’s Vision, Tale of Vienna, Eskiminzin)